Friday 21 October 2016

Kapa Haka

Today I had Kapa Haka.
I wasn't at Kapa Haka the previous week thanks to me being sick so I was looking forward to this weeks kapa haka as I felt like it had been a while.
Once everyone got there we all sat down and the teachers said that we will be forming our lines for our last performances of the year. (The are 3.)
They got the four tallest year 8's that were there that day. I was included as a lot of taller people were away that day.
So the four people lined up and the teachers just set people up around us to make a triangle.
It did take a while, but I had to make sure to stand still so the teachers knew where the center was.
Once the lines were set up we had to rotate ourselves around to be facing the other way. Once that was done we practiced our songs.
First, we practiced one of the newest songs, there was one slight problem with that, I forgot the action as I was their last week!
plus to make things even harder I was at the front at had barely any people to copy off!
The second song we performed was a slow song which was much easier and had no actions and I knew all the words.
After that, we performed our school song!
Once we performed all the song we could go back to class and enjoy morning tea.
OverallI really enjoyed Kapa Haka as I felt like it had been a while and also I liked performing the songs.

Care Value:
The care value I used was Respect as I made sure to stand still to help the teachers form the lines for our performances.

Leadership Trait:
The leadership trait I used was resilience because me trying to do the actions was an epic fail but I still tried to remember them.

Role Model:
I was a role model by making sure to listen and try and follow the actions to the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment