Friday 2 September 2016

Kapa Haka

As Kapa Haka wasn't on today I'm deciding to blog about cultural festival.
So this week was cultural and Oaklands performed on the Tuesday.
We went to a practice during school time which was pretty fun, at the practice we had 9 minutes to go over our performance, I thankfully didn't mess up but I did find during the poi song we were quite close together.
After the practice we go to this area and go over what will happen tonight.
On the night of the cultural festival we met outside at around 6:00 I got there I but earlier though.
When everyone was there we made sure everyone had the correct uniform, the girls had to wear a head bands and the year 8 girls had to wear feather earrings.
After everyone was ready we went inside to go and watch the festival, Oaklands were the last school to perform so we got to watch all the other performances first.
Once we got told that it was time to go backstage we went and got into out lines.
I was very nervous about performing in case I messed up!
The first song went really well and I was starting to feel more confident.
in the poi song, I didn't mess up! Which was so relieving.
In the last song it went very well also and after that another school came on to sing with us.
Overall the cultural festival went really well.

Role Model:
I was a role model as I made sure to listen to the lady who was telling us the rules.

Care Value:
The care Value I showed was excellence because I really gave it my all for the performance.

Leadership Trait:
The leadership trait I used was active thinker because I had to really make sure I was in a good position for the poi song so my poi didn't hit anyone elses.

No comments:

Post a Comment