Friday 23 September 2016

Kapa Haka

Today I had Kapa Haka.
I decided not to bring my long poi as I was very sure we weren't going to need it.
Once I got there I took off my shoes and waited with Makayla as the class who were doing Te-Reo Maori weren't quite finished yet.
Once we could go inside we sat in our lines and sang a song.
After that we went through a song we have recently learnt that had actions, I was aa but concerned as I wasn't there last Friday and I vaguely remember the actions of the first part of the song, but had no clue about the actions to the second part of the song.
I tried to make it not obvious that I had no idea how to do the actions to the second part of the song so I just tried and I just tried to copy the people in front of me.
Matua went through two actions that we weren't doing right and then we practised the song again.
The actions weren't too hard at this point as we thankfully in this song had repeated actions so I wasn't completely lost.
After a while I was starting to get to much better and memorised most of the actions!
Todays Kapa Haka [ractice was pretty short but still helped me a lot!
Overall today's kapa haka practice went very well and I'm getting better at the actions.

Role model:
I was a role model because I was listening and paying attention.

Leadership Trait:
The leadership trait I showed was resilience because I was messing up the action quite a bit but I still didn't give up


Care Value:
The care value I showed was community because I was really getting involved and trying my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment