Friday 26 August 2016

Kapa Haka

Today I had Kapa Haka.
This session was a little different to all the other ones as it was shorter which felt weird as we've been doing it for and hour and a half for a while so it felt weird to have a short session.
But when I walked into the hall I noticed lots of classes waiting for us and then I realised we're performing to them!
I was really nervous at first as we've never performed to a class, only the office ladys.
So I went to go and sit down in my starting position to sing our first song.
After that it was what I was most nervous for, THE POI SONG!
The only reason I was nervous was because I really didn't want to mess up in front of everyone.
Thankfully I didn't mess up which was very relieving and at last we did our school song.
After that we had feedback from the students which was good!
After all the feedback we had more people coming in, except they were little kids.
I didn't feel as nervous because I'd already performed and I was ready!
I didn't mess up through out performance which felt good and of course we had some more feedback.
Overall I feel very prepared for the cultural festival and actually excited to go and perform at it.

Role Model:
I was a role model because I was quiet before we performed to role model to little kids.

Care Value:
The care value I showed was Active Thinking because I had to be quick with transitions and had to make sure I was in a good positions for the poi so my poi didn't hit anyone else.

Leadership trait:
The leadership trait I showed was Excellence because I tried my best and it paid off as I didn't mess up!

No comments:

Post a Comment