Friday 3 June 2016

I Have a large Vocabulary that is connected to my knowledge of the world.

W.A.L.T: Have a large Vocabulary that is connected to my knowledge of the world.

Here is my latest worksheet The text I read before this was Underground explorers  



Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 11.04.46 am.png
Defintions
Void: an empty space or vacuum.

Fluorescent: able to give off visible light after being exposed to a source of heat, light, or other form of energy

Vulnerable: able to be hurt or injured

Interconnected: to connect or cause to be connected one to the other or others.

Seldom: not often; rarely.

Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 11.04.46 am.png
Example/Non Example
Is a void messy? Why or why not?
No, as It’s completely messy so there is no space for ANY mess.
Which color is the most fluorescent at night? Why?
Its would be a natural colour as It gives of light from heat or energy.
Why are elderly people more vulnerable than children? Why?
As they aren’t as strong boned and they’ve been in the world longer so they’ve used their bones a lot more.
Which is more interconnected; a vine or a dandeloin? Why?
A vine because you can firmly hold onto a vine and a dandelion is very small and doesn’t have as much grip.
Which is more seldom; the Olympics or an election in NZ? Why?
The olympics because elections are much more often in New Zealand.

Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 11.04.50 am.png
Word Associations
The plants in the garden are die during a frost
Vulnerable
There were lots of different paths that joined each other
Interconnected
I made a shot from halfway while facing backwards.
Seldom
We are still exploring  outer space.
Void
I can find my key ring easily in the dark.
Fluorescent

Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 11.04.50 am.png
Word Relationships

How might each pair of words be connected?
Vulnerable/Fluorescent
Sometimes being in a space with lots of light can make you vulnerable because the light might hurt your eyes.
Void/interconnected
I big space can be interconnected like the caves there are lots of paths in the caves that are interconnected.


Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 11.04.50 am.png
Extended Writing
Think of a time when you felt as though you were in a void or when you saw something that happens seldom. Write a paragraph about this.
A time when something void has happened is when I have travelled to England. Ever since I have lived in New Zealand (which is 8 years.) I have been to England twice. One time for my Uncle’s Wedding and one time in 2012 It is a very rare thing as It costs a lot of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment